-->

A word to the wise

"Ask not the Eldar a question, for they will give you three answers, all of which are true and terrifying to know." - Inquisitor Czevak Turns out, the answers are; "Oh, just a few days", "Our friends will be here shortly" and "We have quite the appetite".

Wednesday 21 August 2013

... Price discrepancies & new found friends...

Trickling on from 2003, the Craftworld picked up a steady pace. Although, my affection for the gaming side of things was waning. I was transitioning into the Collector mainstream now.

Once in a while, I would find good deals, jump on them and add to the collection - Of note, 20 Wraithguard (at about $5 a pop), Warlocks (again at a few dollars each) and generally decent hearted people who were over the game just wanting to make a couple of dollars.

Then I found Dave.

I had decided I wanted to obtain new Wave Serpents and kit from the 2006 4th Edition Codex release, yet did not want to pay through the rear end for it. Games Workshop was now in full swing with their rampant price increases and geo-blocking policies. Sadly, whilst my disdain for the company's accounting dept was (and still is) in full swing, I did love the product and wanted to finish this army off.

Suddenly Dave appeared (my knight in shining armour of the Gaming world). At this point, we both loved GW products (his passion being Orks), offering a very generous discount which equated to (after shipping) 60% off the AUD RRP. How could I possibly pass this up for BRAND NEW Eldar miniatures? I couldn't, it was a no brainer.

Whilst the list grew in size, now being able to afford more than my wildest dreams could have previously imagined, I had custom dice made and custom embroidered velvet pouches created to accompany the rest of the Craftworlders home. Dave generously allowed me to send extra bits and pieces to his place, to save shipping - aside from his generosity, we grew to be good friends (even so to this day). Who knew appreciation of the female form and war dollies could bring two grown men so close?

Almost every couple of years, Dave gets an order from me with goodies to purchase. And whilst this is slowing, by geez does he know how to pack a box.

Shown below, the first ever box of goodies Dave shipped back in 2007. The one below that, 2012. Stay tuned for the 2013 box of love with the new Eldar releases of 6th Edition.


Ok, so for the life of me I can't find the 2012 order images... But you get the idea from the 2007 order. I don't do things by halves.

EDIT: Ok, so I found the photo from 2012...